The Weatherford Branch assists at least one female undergraduate SWOSU student who displays an interest in and passion for leadership to go to NCCWSL (May 30 – June 2, 2018).
- To receive support from the Weatherford branch, please complete the application – due by February 5, 2018.
- Recipients are recognized at the annual Weatherford Branch Banquet (March 2018).
- Recipients are also expected to serve as a SWOSU campus resource person, promote student awareness about the issues raised at the conference, and present a program to the local AAUW branch.
- Sarah Ramsey (Sarah.Ramsey@swosu.edu)
- Jorie Edwards (Jorie.Edwards@swosu.edu)
- Lori Gwyn (Lori.Gwyn@swosu.edu)
- Terry Goforth (Terry.Goforth@swosu.edu)
AAUW e-affiliate member, Nallely Aquilar, posing with Rachel Carson at NCWSSL in June 2014, as co-supported by the Weatherford branch and SWOSU Medical Professions Club. Nallely graduated from the SWOSU Department of Biology in 2014, and is currently a student in the OUHSC Dental Hygiene Program at the Weatherford sight. She is active with the Weatherford branch, having been a counselor for Tech Trek at SWOSU for two years and participating in meetings and fundraisers. Nallely shared her NCWSSL experiences at the branch meeting in January 2014, stating that we are all “women of distinction,” whether we know it or not, whenever we are kind and reach out to others.