The Weatherford Branch awards an annual $300 scholarship to a SWOSU student* who displays scholarly and extracurricular excellence plus is in need of financial support.
- Is enrolled at Southwestern Oklahoma State University and will graduate in the Spring, Summer, or Fall 2019
- Has a 2.00 or higher overall grade point average.
- Has participated in extracurricular activities and has shown evidence of leadership qualities.
- Needs financial assistance in order to complete a degree.
- Has interest in becoming an AAUW member upon graduation.
Is available to attend the Weatherford Branch AAUW Spring Luncheon at which the scholarship will be awarded…
*Special consideration will be given to: 1) active members of the AAUW Student Branch, and 2) “non-traditional” students – persons who are older than the typical student who begins college at eighteen.
- Biographical Information Form.
- TWO (2)recommendations. No recommendations from relatives will be accepted.
- One (1) from an individual outside the university.
- One (1) from a faculty member in your major academic department.
- Please direct your recommendation writers to the link on this webpage or forward the link.
Applications (biographical information & 2 recommendations) for the 2018-2019 academic year are due Tuesday, Janaury 22, 2019 at noon. Recipients will be recognized at the Annual Branch Luncheon in March 2019.
Scholarship Committee members:
- Sarah Ramsey (Sarah.Ramsey@swosu.edu)
- Jorie Edwards (Jorie.Edwards@swosu.edu)
- Lori Gwyn (Lori.Gwyn@swosu.edu)
- Terry Goforth (Terry.Goforth@swosu.edu)